Caminada Headlands Back Barrier Marsh Creation Project
AVS project objectives were to establish geotechnical characteristics offshore of Port Fourchon, Louisiana for the Coastal Protection and Restoration Authority of Louisiana.
Scope of Work:
- Mobilized our research vessel, M/V Thunderforce, vibracore equipment and crew for vibracore sampling operations offshore Louisiana
- Utilized our large pneumatic coring machine and a penetrometer for measurement of coring advance rates and penetration depths
- Collected vibracore samples to depths of 10 feet each below sea bottom or refusal, in water depths of 15 feet to 20 feet
- Summarized field operations in a report, including penetrometer reports
- Submitted the final report per project specifications